Dr. Rebecca Windsor earned her DVM from UC Davis in 2005, followed by a rotating internship at NC State University and a residency in Neurology and Neurosurgery at UC Davis, becoming board-certified in 2009. Dr. Windsor worked in private practices in Washington DC, the San Francisco Bay area, and Chicago before joining Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital in Colorado in 2017.
Dr. Windsor has a special interest in complex neurosurgical procedures and a strong passion for clinical research. Dr. Windsor joined Ethos Discovery as clinician scientist in 2022. Her primary research interest lies in immune-mediated neuroinflammatory diseases with a focus on finding a cure for necrotizing meningoencephalitis in the pug. Other research interests include prevention strategies for intervertebral disc associated hemorrhage in the french bulldog.
- Ostronic A, Windsor RC, and Dixon-Jimenez A. Brevundimonas vesicularis isolation from a Labrador Retriever with Bacteremia, Endocarditis, Spinal Epidural Empyema and Polyarthritis. Accepted, JAAHA November 2022.
- Long C, Burgers E, Copple C, Stainback L, Packer RA, Kopf K, Schmidt J, Emch S, Windsor RC. Brucella canis Discospondylitis in 33 dogs. Frontiers in Vet Sci. 2022 Nov. Read Article
- Bridges J, Windsor RC. Spinal epidural empyema in a 10-week-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi. In review – Clinical Case Reports August 2022.
- Windsor RC, Stewart SD, Talboom J, Lewis C, Naymik M, Piras IS, Keller S, Borjesson DL, Huentelman M and Khanna C. A potential early clinical phenotype of Necrotizing Meningoencephalitis in genetically at-risk Pug dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2022 Jul; 36(4):1382-1389. PMID: 35621070; PMCID: PMC9308433
- Vilm J and Windsor RC. Diagnosis and Treatment of a Spinal Intraosseous Keratinized Cyst of L1 in a Dog. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2022; 58:203–206. DOI 10.5326/JAAHA-MS-7175.
- Bridges J, Windsor RC, Stewart, SD, Fuerher-Senecal L, Khana C. Prevalence and clinical features of thoracolumbar intervertebral disc-associated epidural hemorrhage in dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2022 May. doi: 10.1111/jvim.16442
- Windsor RC, Stewart SD, Talboom J, Lewis C, Naymik M, Piras IS, Keller S, Borjesson DL, Clark G, Khanna C, Huentelman M. Leukocyte and cytokine variables in asymptomatic Pugs at genetic risk of necrotizing meningoencephalitis. J Vet Intern Med. 2021 Nov;35(6):2846-2852. doi: 10.1111/jvim.16293. Epub 2021 Oct 23.PMID: 34687084
- Musser CG, Windsor RC, Wininger F. Corpectomy and spinal stabilization using a 3D-printed spine model and custom jigs to address severe spinal deformities from T9-11 and L2-4 in a 6-month-old German shepherd puppy. Clin Case Rep. 2021 Dec 26;9(12):e05229. doi: 10.1002/ccr3.5229. eCollection 2021 Dec. PMID: 34963810
- Windsor RC, Sturges BK, Vernau KM, Vernau W. Cerebrospinal fluid eosinophilia in dogs. J Vet Int Med 2009;23(2):275-81
- Windsor RC, Vernau KM, Sturges BK, Kass PH, Vernau W. Lumbar cerebrospinal fluid in dogs with type I intervertebral disc herniation. J Vet Int Med 2008;22:954-60.
- Windsor RC and Olby NJ. Congenital portosystemic shunts in five mature dogs with neurologic signs. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2007;43(6):322-31.
- Windsor RC and Johnson LR. Canine chronic inflammatory rhinitis. Clin Tech Sm Anim Pract 2006;21(2): 76-81.
- Windsor RC, Johnson LR, Sykes JE, Drazenovich TL, Leutenegger CM, DeCock HEV. Molecular detection of microbes in nasal biopsies of dogs with idiopathic lymphoplasmacytic rhinitis. J Vet Int Med 2006;20(2):250-6.
- Windsor RC, Johnson LR, Herrgesell EJ, DeCock HEV. Idiopathic lymphoplasmacytic rhinitis in 37 dogs: 1997-2002. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2004; 224:1952-7.